- Written by Kim Cossar
The Pennsylvania - Delaware Chapter would like to welcome and introduce our newly elected officers to the Chapter's Executive Committee for the 2015 - 2017 Term:
Vice President, Nicole M. Oeler, RLA, LEED GA
Nicole Oeler has been an active member of the ASLA for over 17 years, beginning with her involvement at the student level while earning her BSLA at the University of Kentucky. Since returning to Pittsburgh, Nicole has been actively involved with the Western Section of the PA-DE ASLA Chapter. She has served as the Chapter secretary for multiple terms and has assisted in planning numerous annual meetings and social events. Nicole is employed by The Gateway Engineers, Inc. where she works with engineers and land developers to integrate engineered solutions with thoughtful and sustainable designs. Her past experiences teaching at Chatham University and the Community College of Allegheny County show her passion for mentoring and developing well rounded designers and future Landscape Architects. As a member of the executive board, Nicole is interested in furthering the public’s knowledge and understanding of the diverse roles that Landscape Architects play in everyday lives. In addition, she would like to help raise awareness of the profession amongst young people who are in the process of selecting future careers.
The Vice President shall:
- Assist the President and act in the President’s behalf during the President’s absence
- Support the President in accomplishing the established goals and objectives of the Chapter
- Maintain liaison with committees and coordinate activities of the Chapter’s sections
- Perform such other duties customary to the office or as may be assigned by the President or Chapter Executive Committee
Secretary, David Jordan
Dave is a graduate of West Virginia University’s School of Landscape Architecture and has been a full member of ASLA and the PA-DE Chapter since 1994. Dave’s career path has included the community planning and development consulting field and landscape construction. A significant amount of time over the years has been working in non-profit management.
The experience of non-profit management lends itself well to serving as chapter Secretary. Additionally Dave has been involved with a number of organizations both professionally and personally often serving in leadership roles and most often as treasurer. Budgets for these organizations has ranged from less than $10,000 to over $200,000. This experience makes Dave a good candidate to serve on the Executive Committee for the Chapter.
Dave served as Executive Director of the Arts Alliance of Greater Waynesboro and Destination ARTS. This is was an initiative to assist in the revitalization of the central business district in downtown Waynesboro. Beginning in early July, Dave began working for the PA DCED as an economic development analyst.
The Secretary shall:
- Keep a record of all proceedings of the Chapter and Executive Committee
- Notify candidates of their election to office
- Issue all notices, including the ballot for vote by e-mail
- Maintain and keep the Constitution and Bylaws
- Maintain the Chapter roster
- Maintain communication with the Society’s National Headquarters
- Certify documents
- Perform such other duties customary to the office or as may be assigned by the Chapter Executive Committee