JOB TITLE: Landscape Designer (posted 2/23/17)
A Landscape Architecture firm based in Wayne, Pennsylvania on the Philadelphia Main Line is seeking a Landscape Designer.
The position requires a candidate, with one to four years of work experience (a must), who possesses exemplary design, graphic, detailing, management, and communication skills. Job requirements include a proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Design Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator), SketchUp, and hand drawing. Horticultural knowledge, additional software knowledge (Rhino, Revit, Microstation, etc.), and experience in sustainable design and LEED AP are a plus. A BLA or MLA from an accredited program is required.
The candidate needs to have a passion to learn, a positive attitude, and the ability to function both as a team player and an individual in a small office setting. The scale of work ranges from small to large with a variety of public and private clients. Examples of our firm’s work can be found online at www.jonathanalderson.com.
A car is not necessary for this position as we are one block from SEPTA’s regional rail line. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including flexible summer hours, health insurance, short term disability, TransitChek® and a retirement plan with an employer contribution.
- Cover letter highlighting applicable experience and interests.
- Work samples of AutoCAD work and Design Rendering including but not limited to: Construction drawing sets, construction details, master plans, hand sketches/graphics/rendering, digital graphics/rendering. We can accept PDF files up to 10 MB or online folder sharing such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, or Issuu.
- Three references.
Jonathan Alderson Landscape Architects, Inc.
100 East Lancaster Ave.
Wayne, PA 19087
JOB TITLE: Staff Landscape Architect Southeastern PA -- 02-22-17 -- Blue Bell, PA (posted 2/22/17)
Experience Appropriate to Position: 3 to 7 years
Landscape Architecture firm: Immediate opening for a staff landscape architect with demonstrate-able ability and interest in site design, grading design, graphics preparation, planting design (knowledge of plant material of the Northeast), familiarity with PA municipal land development procedures, preparation of construction detailing, along with good communication and project/time management skills. Must be proficient with AutoCAD 2015 or newer, Adobe Photoshop and SketchUp Pro or similar. Our projects include corporate, heathcare, senior residential and institutional campuses and facilities, as well as single and multi-family communities and single family residential design, municipality consulting, and site lighting design.
Education Requirements: Degree in LA from accredited College or University
Project Manager, Lancaster (posted 2/10/17) & Project Landscape Architect, Lancaster (posted 2/10/17)
Are you looking for a rewarding opportunity in a professional atmosphere with great energy, incredible talent and exciting potential? At RGS Associates, we go beyond providing industry-leading landscape architecture and civil engineering services to our clients. By employing our collective talents, creativity and passion to Create Great Places where People Live, Work and Play. We are committed to a culture that inspires, motivates and fosters personal development, enabling everyone to reach their full potential for career and personal success.
RGS is currently seeking individuals to fill the following positions:
Project Manager, Lancaster
The RGS Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the technical design and implementation of RGS projects. Services are delivered both as an individual contributor as well as by effectively leading, managing, and coaching a team of highly motivated and skilled professionals and technicians. The PM relies heavily not just on technical expertise, but also on critical thinking and good management practices in performing these duties.
- Effectively interact with review agencies to facilitate the projects
- Deliver effective project presentations when appropriate in lieu of the Client Manager
- Correspond and coordinate with clients, sub-consultants, and municipalities on technical issues
- Maintain knowledge of existing and new regulations
- Review the technical aspects of designs of other team members
- Prepare CADD drawings
- Visit and evaluate sites
- Assist in the preparation of billing and invoices
- Assist the Client Manager in developing proposals
- Other duties as assigned
- BSLA, BLA or BSCE or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible design and management experience
- Professional licensure preferred
- Broad proficiency in all key areas of technical design and project management
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Excellent customer service, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills
Project Landscape Architect, Lancaster
The RGS Project Landscape Architect is responsible for the conception and interpretation of subdivision and land development project designs and execution for assigned RGS client projects. The position is focused on providing full technical support through the entire project acting as a resource to the project manager.
- Manages drawing development including detailing, quality control and overseeing drawing support staff
- Evaluates code compliance
- Independently prepares designs for site layouts, site grading, site stormwater conveyance, and site planting plans
- Proficient in the use of Cad software for project design
- Prepares reports, construction details, and cost opinions
- Performs calculations to support design as needed
- Familiarity with Stormwater design, NPDES permitting, and Erosion Control design
- Attends construction meetings and prepares field reports
- Works in a team setting helping to facilitate projects from inception to completion, and achieving project financial goals
- Serves as a mentor to junior staff members
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture at an accredited university
- Professional licensure preferred
- Ability to prioritize and concurrently service multiple projects
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills and ability to interface with clients, co-workers and approval agencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Interacts well with other disciplines and clients in a manner that builds productive relationships
- Knowledge of sustainable principles and LEED accreditation a plus
JOB TITLE: Landscape Architect/Designer Internship (posted 1/12/17)
|Title:||Landscape Architect/Designer Internship|
|Location:||Pittsburgh, PA (Southside)|
|Years of Experience:||0-5 Years|
|Education:||BLA or BSLA (or in progress)|
|Compensation:||Commensurate based upon experience - $10-$12 per hour|
Terra Design Studios is a small collaborative studio known for public garden work. We are currently seeking a Landscape Architect/Designer Intern who can multi-task and work well in an intimate environment from May through August 2017.
Candidate must be a proactive self-starter with the following qualifications:
This is a temporary internship position.
JOB TITLE: Landscape Designer/Architect (posted 12/6/16)
BIG (Bjarke Ingels Group) is an international architectural company characterized by an entrepreneurial spirit, true team-work across expertise areas and new ways of approaching conventional tasks.
We have an informal work environment where camaraderie and collegial support are highly valued and where ambition, very high work morale and dedication to being the innovators of our field unify our staff. Our office culture is characterized by creativity, high energy and a strong team spirit. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a cool workplace where we want to be and work continuously at becoming better and better at what we do.
Our headquarters are located outside the US and five years ago we started an affiliate in New York that today has 190+ employees. We are a company in steady growth and over the last few years, we have worked intensely on the professionalization of our business.
BIG Architecture seeks a Landscape Designer/Architect to join us in our NYC office.
As Landscape Designer/Architect, you will be responsible for design and technical production on landscape projects of varying scales. This will encompass conceptual design, the technical side of production of drawing sets, grading and planting design, and landscape materiality.
- Professional degree in landscape architecture or architecture with landscape-related degree (Ecology, Urbanism, Urban Design, Environmental Design) and 3-7 years professional experience as a landscape designer/architect
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English- spoken and written
- Strong conceptual and design skills with sensitivity in the human scale
- Ability to express design ideas quickly, clearly and succinctly
- Ability to develop design options in collaboration with and in support of architectural design teams
- Ability to prepare, develop and edit drawings and models as they relate to the project
- Proven experience with grading design, planting design, natural systems, materials and technical aspects of landscape architecture
- Should have strong ability with 3D modeling in Rhino, as well as AutoCAD, V-Ray, Adobe Suite (Revit is a plus)
- Strong organizational skills, able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and budget time
- Ability to take initiative in response to direction from managers
- A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working
- Legal permits and visas required to work in USA
- Experience as a designer on built and published references
- Experience working in a leading American or international architecture and/or landscape architecture office
- NYS Landscape Architecture licensure will be an asset
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, creed, sex, citizenship status, gender, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other protected characteristic. B.I.G. Architecture D.P.C. is obligated under the law and committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. B.I.G. Architecture D.P.C. is obligated under the law and committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
All suitably qualified applicants should submit their cover letter, resume with references, and portfolio via our jobs portal, located at . No calls or hard copies, please.
JOB TITLE: Available positions include entry level through project management level (posted 12/6/16)
Architerra, PC, a landscape architecture firm established in 1985, currently offers numerous employment opportunities for its Coopersburg, Pennsylvania office. Architerra represents a strong commitment to the quality practice of landscape architecture, and the employed individuals will possess the ambition to uphold that commitment.
Available positions include entry level through project management level. Desired skills include computer proficiency, plant material knowledge, graphic rendering, a strong work ethic, and commitment to perfection. Candidates with a proven experience in stormwater management design and calculation and NPDES permitting will be given special attention. We are building upon our team and seek a number of employees with varied skill strengths to complement the overall team.
As a member of our team, these individuals will be actively involved in project design, program and budget development, attending field meetings, performing construction observations, assistance in project bidding, contract administration and preparation of construction documents. Specific documents include layout drawings, grading and storm drainage plans, planting plans, construction details, and specifications. We presently offer these services in seven states. Approximately ninety percent of our projects are constructed.
Architerra’s primary areas of focus are site design, land planning, athletic facility design, recreational facility design and development including parks, playgrounds and master planning, subdivision and planned unit development projects and campus planning. Our clientele have included major colleges and universities, and several Fortune 500 corporations.
Architerra is located in the greater Lehigh Valley area, minutes from Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton and within one hour of Philadelphia and Manhattan.
Education Requirements: Minimally, a Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture from a college/university with an accredited program.
Computer Skills Preferred: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, AutoCAD, Photo Imaging.