PA-DE ASLA Chapter 2017 Scholarship Opportunity
The PA–DE ASLA Chapter will award up to three (3) scholarships to students who are enrolled in, or are recent graduates of landscape architecture programs at universities within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or the State of Delaware. Scholarship recipients will receive up to $2,000 toward the registration, travel, and accommodation to attend a National ASLA Meeting and Expo.
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant shall have:
- successfully completed at least two (2) years in an undergraduate landscape architecture program or one (1) year in a graduate landscape architecture program at universities within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or the State of Delaware;
- recently graduated (within 2 years) from a landscape architecture program at universities within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or the State of Delaware.
- be a member of the ASLA (any level from full to student-affiliate); and
- Past PA-DE ASLA scholarship recipients are ineligible.
An applicant for a student scholarship shall submit the following information in electronic format to the Chapter Executive Committee:
- An essay that addresses the theme of the ASLA National Meeting. The 2017 theme is “Common Ground.” The essay shall address how you view “common ground” in the profession of landscape architecture (limited to 500 words).
- Sample work samples (as PDF limited to 5 pages)
- A reference letter from an instructor, advisor, or supervisor.
- ASLA membership number
Review/Award of Scholarships
The PA–DE ASLA Education and Professional Development Committee shall be responsible for reviewing applications received from qualified students to be considered for a scholarship and shall provide its recommendation for awarding scholarships to the Chapter Executive Committee. The program is a Chapter-wide competition within three groupings: undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent graduates.
The Chapter intends to award one (1) undergraduate student, one (1) graduate student, and one (1) recent graduate. However, the Chapter reserves the right to change this distribution based on the composition of the submissions.
Applicants for the PA–DE ASLA Student Scholarship shall submit their application via ONLINE FORM by 11:59 pm on Monday, May 8, 2017.
The results of the scholarship program will be made available to the applicants on or before Monday, May 22, 2017.