Online: 11th Annual Sustainability Conference
May 6 - May 7
11th Annual Sustainability Conference: Building and Planning for a Healthy and Equitable Future
May 6-7, 2021 Online
Join the American Society of Civil Engineers (Pittsburgh Section), the Environmental and Water Resources Institute (Pittsburgh Chapter) and Sustainable Pittsburgh for the 11th Sustainability Conference.
During this two-day event, national and local experts will present current challenges, opportunities, and strategies for how the Pittsburgh region can ensure a healthy and safe environment for all of its residents and future generations. The conference will be a mix of invited speaker presentations, interactive break out discussions, and expert panel discussions.
Topics to Be Explored:
- The economy and government operations post COVID-19
- Tackling climate change at the local level for large and small communities
- The power of local governments to ensure the future of Southwest Pennsylvania’s public health and ensuring clean water, air, and soil for all residents
- Creating collaborative networks for solving difficult challenges
- Risk, climate change and resilience