Penn State Extension – Citizen Science Tool (Online)
June 8, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Citizen Science Tool – First Investigation of Stream Health (FISH)
Join Penn State Extension for Citizen Science Tool – First Investigation of Stream Health (FISH), an introduction to the fun and easy to use mobile app and online reporting tools, free for anyone to use! We will show you how to access the reporting tools on your phone or computer and walk you through your first FISH visit to a stream.
Wed., Jun. 8, 2022
(1:00 PM – 2:30 PM ET)
Live online via Zoom
Is your stream healthy? Would you like to explore it a little closer or monitor changes in your stream over time? Have you recently done something to improve your stream and now you want to measure the successful results? The First Investigation of Stream Health (FISH) tool is a fun and easy way for individuals, families, volunteer groups, youth, and adults to explore a stream and share findings with the scientific community!
Who is this for?
- Landowners, municipalities, and volunteers who have or plan to install streamside restoration practices
- Watershed groups and other community organizations looking for an outdoor, interactive activity
- Citizen scientists
What will you learn?
- How to assess stream health by visually assessing plants, animals, water clarity, and the stream bottom
- How to use the First Investigation of Stream Health (FISH) Protocol
- The benefits of tracking stream health over time
This event is being offered at no charge to participants.
Registration is required to receive the link to access the webinar.
Registrants will also receive access to the webinar recording.