August 1, 2022
The Pennsylvania Delaware (PA-DE) Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects is soliciting an Open Call for Presentations for their 2023 PA-DE ASLA Conference on Landscape Architecture April 20-22, 2023 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Presenters with knowledge and experience found to be beneficial to peer professionals are highly desired. Subjects may concern a broad range and scale of topics, and may be derived from a past project or recent research – essentially anything that impresses passion in ones profession, and relates to the field of landscape architecture.
The meeting will offer several one-hour educational sessions. Selected presenters will receive complimentary luncheon and admission to other presenter sessions on the day of the presentation.
The PA-DE Chapter Conference Planning Committee hopes that you will consider presenting, and sharing this information with anyone else who may also be interested in presenting at the 2023 PA-DE ASLA Conference on Landscape Architecture.
Please submit the following information via online form:
- Presentation Title [Exactly as it shall appear in print.]
- Speaker(s) Biographie(s) [Full Name with Credentials, as it will appear in print; Please limit biographies to 150 words or less.]
- Learning Objectives [Required 3, in full sentences.]
- Presentation Summary [300 words or less.]
Submission Evaluation and Selection
The ASLA PA-DE Conference Speakers Committee will review and evaluate submissions using the following criteria:
- Clearly articulated, well developed submission with knowledgeable presenters
- Relevance to the profession of landscape architecture
- Clearly stated and achievable learning objectives
- Timeliness of the topic
- Subject matter appeal
- Speaker qualifications and past evaluation results
Monday, August 1, 2022: Open Call for Presentations
Monday, October 17, 2022: Close Call for Presentations
Friday, November 4, 2022: Email Confirmation sent to Presenters
Friday – Saturday, April 21-22, 2023: Educational Sessions at Conference
Policies Governing Accepted Proposals
- The lead presenter will serve as the prime point of contact for ASLA staff and is responsible for coordinating with all other presenters involved in a session. All speakers listed on the proposal must be aware that they are being considered, eligible and willing to participate as a speaker if the program is selected.
- All presenters in a session must be included in the original submittal. Speakers may not be changed and no additional speakers may be added without ASLA approval once a proposal is accepted.
- Submissions promoting specific product brands or companies will not be considered.
- All presentations must have a visual component that may be projected for all session attendees to view, such as a PowerPoint slideshow (photos, graphs, charts, video, etc.)
- Selected presenters may be requested to submit additional information if necessary for continuing education program approval.
- If you will have handouts, please notify ASLA of your needs.
- ASLA reserves the right to edit any submitted materials for promotional purposes.
- ASLA reserves the right to cancel a session at any time.
- ASLA reserves the right to combine similar sessions, change titles and descriptions, or add/change speakers as necessary. You will be notified if there are any changes and given the opportunity to modify your program accordingly.
- Sessions may be scheduled at any time on Friday April 21, 2023 or Saturday April 22, 2023. Speakers must be available to present on either day.
- Speakers selected to present at the meeting will receive complimentary registration for the day of their presentation. ASLA will not reimburse travel expenses or provide fees or honoraria for education session speakers.