PA-DE ASLA encompasses four geographic sections (Delaware, Eastern PA, Central PA, and Western PA) and is the pre-eminent professional association of approximately 600 landscape architects practicing in the states of Pennsylvania and Delaware.
Section Chair Roles & Responsibilities
Administration of Chapter sections is vested in the section chairs. By virtue of their position, section chairs also serve on the Chapter Executive Committee. The section chairs shall:
- Participate in Executive Committee meetings and activities
- Coordinate local section continuing education, networking, and other events
- Work with the section treasurer to establish and maintain a section operating budget
- Be informed of Chapter goals and objectives, policies and procedures, programs and services, and activities and events
- Serve as a member of and represent the section on the Executive Committee of the Chapter
- Facilitate the conduct of the business of the Chapter by bringing section perspective to the Executive Committee and the Chapter perspective to the members of the section
- Facilitate the conduct of the business of the Executive Committee by serving on standing or other committees or special study groups or task forces
- Perform other duties as are customary for the position of section chair or as may be assigned or delegated by the Executive Committee of the Chapter
- The section chairs shall be Full, Associate, or International ASLA members elected for terms of two (2) years.