The ASLA Legacy Project Needs Your Help!
The Legacy Project was introduced 10 years ago as a way to give back to the ASLA Annual Meeting host city: Philadelphia in 2018.
Currently, PA-DE ASLA chapter members, students from Thomas Jefferson University, and 12 female high school students are collaborating with the local affiliate of the ACE Mentor Program. Contributing NOW is your opportunity, as an ASLA member and/or business owner, to impact the Urbanscape of Philadelphia, the 2018 ASLA Host City. The success and viability of this project depends on your generosity.
The 2018 Legacy Project:
- Focuses on underused parking lots and streetscapes in the Spring Garden section of Philadelphia
- Creates a parklet that can be used in a multitude of ways
- Seating areas will general traffic to local businesses
- Plantings offer seasonal color and texture
- Trellises will provide shade and architectural interest
- The area will be suitable for outdoor entertainment events
- Includes an area to park bikes