2024 PA-DE ASLA Conference on Landscape Architecture
Presentation Proposal Components:
The following information is requested on the online proposal submission form:
- Presentation title
- Speaker name(s) and credentials
- BRIEF speaker bios
- BRIEF presentation summary
- Learning objectives (for LA CES approval)
- A list of your previous public presentations
Read and review the Submission Process and Selection Criteria below!
Evaluation and Selection
The PA-DE ASLA Education Committee will review and evaluate submissions using the following criteria:
- Content and themes are clearly articulated and well developed, and presenters are knowledgeable, qualified subject matter experts
- Content and themes are relevant to the profession and practice of Landscape Architecture
- Learning objectives are stated clearly and are relevant to Landscape Architecture
- Content and themes are timely and applicable
- Subject matter is appealing and innovative
- Feasibility of obtaining LA CES credit for proposed session
- Subject matter meets Health, Safety, & Wellness (HSW) criteria
PA-DE ASLA will apply for LA CES credit for all accepted session presentations. Sessions must be planned in response to the learning needs of target audiences and include clear and concise written statements of learning objectives/outcomes. Per LA CES criteria, a minimum of three learning objectives/outcomes are required for each session. Learning objectives/outcomes are written statements of what the learner is expected to accomplish as a result of the session. They should be action oriented.
Examples of Learning Objectives/Outcomes:
- Determine the major functions and components of a green roof.
- Identify the factors that influence costs.
- Utilize an integrated design process in your project for maximum benefit.
August 2023 – Open Call for Presentations
Tuesday, October 10, 2023 @ 11:59 pm – Close Call for Presentations; Proposals Due
Mid-November 2023 – Email Notification Sent to Proposers
Thursday, April 11 – Saturday, April 13, 2024 – Educational Sessions at 2024 PA-DE ASLA Conference on Landscape Architecture at Skytop Lodge in Skytop, PA
Policies Governing Accepted Proposals
- The lead presenter will serve as the prime point of contact for PA-DE ASLA staff and is responsible for coordinating with all other presenters involved in a session.
- All presenters must be included in the original proposal. Once approved, speakers may not be changed and no additional speakers may be added without PA-DE ASLA approval.
- Submissions promoting specific product brands or companies will not be considered.
- All presentations must have a visual component that may be projected for session attendees to view. (Examples: PowerPoint slide shows, photos, graphs, charts, videos, etc.)
- Selected presenters may be asked to provide additional information for continuing education approval, if necessary.
- PA-DE ASLA reserves the right to edit any submitted materials for promotional purposes.
- PA-DE ASLA reserves the right to cancel a session at any given time.
- PA-DE ASLA reserves the right to combine similar sessions, change titles and descriptions, or add/change speakers as necessary. You will be notified if there are any changes and given the opportunity to modify your presentation accordingly.
- Sessions may be scheduled at any time between Thursday, April 11 and Saturday, April 13 and speakers must be available to present on any day.
- Speakers will receive a complimentary registration for the day of their presentation and a 50% registration discount for the conference day prior to or following the presentation date. Registration includes access to conference meals and the expo hall. Speakers will not be reimbursed for travel or lodging and must make their own travel and lodging arrangements. (Speakers are welcome to make hotel reservations through PA-DE ASLA’s discounted room block).
Questions? Contact the PA-DE ASLA administrative office at 717-441-6041 or email@example.com.