Jonathan Alderson Landscape Architects, Inc., a landscape architecture firm based in Wayne, Pennsylvania on the Philadelphia Main Line, is seeking a Landscape Designer to join our team.
The position requires a candidate, with up to four years of work experience, who possesses exemplary design, graphic, detailing, management, and communication skills. Job requirements include a proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Design Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator), SketchUp, and hand drawing. Horticultural knowledge, additional software knowledge (Rhino, Revit, Microstation, etc.), and experience in sustainable design and LEED AP are a plus. A BLA or MLA from an accredited program is required.
The candidate needs to have a passion to learn, a positive attitude, and the ability to function both as a team player and an individual in a small office setting. The scale of work ranges from small to large with a variety of public and private clients. Examples of our firm’s work can be found online at www.jonathanalderson.com.
A car is not necessary for this position as we are one block from SEPTA’s regional rail line. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including flexible summer hours, health insurance, short term disability, TransitChek®, and a retirement plan with an employer contribution.
Qualified candidates should send the following items by email to email@example.com (no calls please):
- Cover letter highlighting applicable experience and interests.
- Work samples of AutoCAD work and Design Rendering including but not limited to: Construction drawing sets, construction details, master plans, hand sketches/graphics/rendering, digital graphics/rendering. We can accept PDF files up to 10 MB or online folder sharing such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, or Issuu.
- Three references.
Jonathan Alderson Landscape Architects, Inc.
100 East Lancaster Ave.
Wayne, PA 19087
Entry Level Landscape Designer
Opening for a passionate and energetic entry level landscape designer interested in starting their professional career by working side-by-side with our talented landscape architects and designers.
Gain meaningful and gratifying experience while meeting our clients’ needs and improving the environment. The experience you gain will provide you with the foundation to sit for the LARE and become a registered landscape architect.
We are located in the pedestrian and bicycle friendly East Ohio Street Business District of Pittsburgh’s vibrant East Deutschtown Historic District, http://deutschtown.org. East Ohio Street and the surrounding environs offers a variety of casual lunch opportunities. Meeting downtown, no problem, use one of our office bicycles to make the 10-minute commute to the Golden Triangle.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter with the following abilities and experience:
• BLA or MLA degree from an accredited College or University with excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to manage time and multiple tasks.
• Attention to detail, ability to problem solve, strong organizational skills, and sustainability focused.
• Proficient in AutoCAD 2018 or newer, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Design Suite.
• Experience with grading, planting design, materials and technical aspects of landscape architecture; experience with construction detailing and/or construction administration; ability to working with project teams on projects of various sizes.
• Proficiency in Arcview is a plus.
Typical tasks include project design, attending client & public meetings, preparing renderings, cost estimates, construction documents, permits and municipal approvals, contract administration, and construction observation. Projects range in scope from master planning through construction documentation and administration.
We are an award-winning 15-person landscape architecture and community planning firm committed to improving our environment. Our work spans the public and private sectors, including education, healthcare, parks and recreation, botanic gardens, and community planning. We create exceptional places that connect people with the natural world and each other. Learn more about us by visiting www.pashekmtr.com.
We offer a flexible, causal work environment and competitive salary. Please submit your resume, references, portfolio and technical writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title: Landscape Architect – Entry to 5 Years Experience
Location: Warrington/Doylestown, PA
Description: Langan is seeking a Landscape Architect – Entry to 5 Years Experience at our Doylestown, PA office. Langan’s Landscape Architecture & Planning team offers integrated design services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Our current project list includes a diverse portfolio of waterfront design; urban revitalization and streetscape; smart growth planning; community design; retail and commercial site planning; school and university design; rooftop garden and brownfield redevelopment assignments.
Are you looking for an exciting position in our growing landscape architecture & planning studio? If you are a highly motivated self-starter, our award-winning, 1000+ person, multi-disciplinary firm can offer you the challenge, responsibility, and growth potential you deserve. The successful candidate shares our passion for design excellence and the challenges of creating inspiring places in urban environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture;
- Entry to 5 years experience or prior related internship desired;
- Individual must be highly creative and possess exceptional computer skills in Sketchup, AutoCAD, Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates ability to follow direction and work in a team environment;
- Possess reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends; and,
- Ability to occasionally travel to and work in other office locations.
For questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
JOB POSTING FOR LANDSCAPE DESIGNER
SALT DESIGN STUDIO is seeking a highly motivated entry-level designer to join our team. If you’re a critical thinker, a creative problem solver, and the list below describes you, please apply!
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy a small, tight-knit collaborative work environment
- Able to produce visually compelling digital and hand-drawn graphics
- Eager to learn, highly organized and capable of multi-tasking and self-editing
- Fluency with AutoCad and Adobe Creative Suite mandatory, 3-D modeling and GIS a plus
- Enthusiastic about community engagement and public design process
- Savvy in social media and digital marketing
- BLA or MLA with minimum of 1-year professional office experience
SALT DESIGN STUDIO is an innovative and energetic landscape architecture, planning and urban design firm with a focus on public work. Projects include parks, college campuses, streetscapes, multi-family housing, secondary schools, cultural institutions and artist collaborations.
Please email letter of interest, resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. A portfolio link is preferred, please do not send portfolios files larger than 8MB. No phone inquiries please.
Position: Landscape Architect
Site Design Concepts is an award-winning landscape architecture, engineering, surveying, and environmental services firm headquartered in the heart of the thriving historic downtown Central Business District of York, Pennsylvania steps from shopping, restaurants, and breweries. SDC was founded over 25 years ago with a passion to provide great service to our Clients, while designing project sites that are innovative, constructible, and cost-conscious. We work diligently to support our Client’s efforts, advocate for their projects, and contribute to their success while maintaining a collaborative company culture.
Job Description: We are searching for a motivated individual to join our growing team of civil/site professionals as we design the communities in which we live, work, and play. Qualified candidates must have high-level verbal and written communication skills, excellent computer skills (AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office), strong work ethic, and the ability to work well alone and as part of a team.
As a Landscape Architect, you will use your site design knowledge and CADD skills to create a wide variety of land development projects through preparation of site layout, grading, landscape design, utility, stormwater management, erosion and sediment control, PennDOT HOP and other related permit and construction plans. Candidate must have the ability to understand and apply municipal ordinances and regulations to designs. Planting design experience is a must.
Our ideal person has a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture and is on the path to licensure as a professional landscape architect in Pennsylvania or Maryland.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture, 3+ years of related experience, and a PLA or on the path to licensure, or;
• Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, 2+ related internships or co-ops (please provide references)
• Strong organizational, technical, and communication skills
• Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D
• Proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, or other modeling software
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
We expect you to work hard and have fun while utilizing your experience, CADD knowledge, and communication skills to further your career. SDC offers quarterly employee appreciation outings, professional development opportunities, a business casual dress code, collaborative culture, flexible schedule, and a competitive pay and benefits package that is scalable with experience, including bonuses and a 401k plan with company match.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Why York, PA?
York, PA is conveniently located just an hour north of Baltimore, two hours from Philadelphia, and about four hours from Pittsburgh and New York City. The City of York carries an urban, downtown feel of some much larger cities, while enjoying the perks of a small town. You will enjoy great dining, shopping, museums, music, art, and theaters, all within walking distance of our headquarters in the historic downtown. York is home to minor league sports teams, award-winning craft breweries and wineries, historic architecture, concerts, and many professional development groups. Meanwhile, York County also offers plenty for those who enjoy the great outdoors including a picturesque countryside with outdoor recreational activities including biking the York County Heritage Rail Trail, hiking in Pinchot State Park or Rocky Ridge County Park, fishing in Lake Redman, boating in the Susquehanna River or Chesapeake Bay, and skiing and snowboarding at Roundtop Mountain Resort. The beaches of New Jersey and Maryland are also accessible within a few hour drive. York County truly has something for everyone’s tastes!
StormWorks is a program of the Nine Mile Run Watershed Association (NMRWA), designed to support the restoration and protection of the Nine Mile Run watershed by providing sustainable stormwater management products and services, within the watershed and beyond its boundaries. StormWorks offers property consultations, rain barrels, rain gardens, and other stormwater and sustainable landscape solutions throughout Allegheny County.
The StormWorks Design Manager develops, leads, and manages all StormWorks projects that utilize the StormWorks Field Crew as well as projects that involve outside consultants and contractors. The Design Manager utilizes their proven experience and high level of expertise in all phases of the project to include: the initial client consultation, consultation reporting, and project estimating; all phases of the design process; proposal and budget management; and installation management and oversight of the StormWorks Field Crew.
Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, Landscape Contracting, or related degree and four (4) years of related experience in landscape design and construction. Experience designing and implementing rain gardens and green infrastructure projects is a must. An advanced degree in Landscape Architecture is preferred.
● Meet with potential clients while conducting stormwater property consultations.
● Develop project concepts and solutions based on initial property consultation.
● Plan, design, and manage the implementation of StormWorks design and green infrastructure projects.
● Prepare and manage budgets and project scopes for StormWorks design and maintenance projects.
● Collaborate with engineering and design professionals; seek opportunities for StormWorks to partner on teams for larger projects.
● Ensure compliance with approved design standards to provide quality design, and installation while maintaining safety on site and in future performance.
● Manage project installation and maintenance schedule.
● Manage StormWorks staff and interns.
● Continue StormWorks development of effective maintenance protocols for green infrastructure projects; train field staff and workforce development groups using these protocols.
● Lead presentations, tours, and workshops for municipalities, community members, partner organizations, and clients, discussing the environmental issues associated with stormwater runoff and invasive plants, while introducing the benefits of green infrastructure practices and native landscaping.
Requires Knowledge of:
● Design and construction techniques for green infrastructure, especially rain gardens and bioswales, as methods of stormwater control.
● Residential landscape design.
● Plant material suitable to the mid-Atlantic region and native species landscape design.
● Sustainable landscape construction, installation, and maintenance techniques.
● Regional stormwater policies and practices.
And Ability to:
● Transform design concepts to presentation quality drawings using creative problem-solving skills.
● Effectively communicate project vision to clients and StormWorks Field Crew.
● Use AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and hand-drawn graphics to produce quality client plans and designs.
● Manage client relationships and communication.
● Work collaboratively with Nine Mile Run Staff.
● Spend time in the field in various weather conditions as needed, often working outside for long periods and overseeing and physically assisting with project installations.
Reporting: The Design Manager reports to the Executive Director
Compensation: Range for this role is $50,000 to $60,000 depending on qualifications and depth of experience. Nine Mile Run/StormWorks offers a competitive complete benefits package.
Other information: The Design Director will travel to client sites throughout Allegheny County. Access to reliable transportation is necessary as company trucks are frequently fully utilized for installations. Some evening and weekend hours may be required in order to perform consultations at a time suitable for the client.
Send resume, cover letter, and samples of design work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Rolling application until position is filled.
NMRWA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis covered by federal law.