Chair/Public Awareness Liaison to ASLA: Liam Cleary (E)
Members: Ann Marchino (E), David Goldberg (W)
The Public Relations Committee is responsible for the preparation of external communications to non-members of the Chapter and to the general public.
The Public Relations Committee has been charged by the Chapter Executive Committee to perform the following tasks:
- Create an organizational chart of the Chapter, its sections and its committees.
- Develop a public relations page on the Chapter website
- Add design award graphics to the website.
- List Chapter committees on the website and ask for committee volunteers.
- Keep 2014 Annual Meeting page updated.
- Develop links to related sources of interest to landscape architects (i.e., LA Registration Board, LARE review courses, CE opportunities).
- Provide media coverage or packages for all awards and scholarships bestowed by the Chapter and the Sections.
- Coordinate the dissemination of information prepared by National ASLA to appropriate audiences.
- Coordinate LA Month activities.
- Analyze how the Chapter website could be used to disseminate information to identified audiences.
- Disseminate tapes and videos to outlet sources such as public television.
- Determine effective methods to get landscape architects and landscape architecture in front of the public.
- Identify audiences to be reached.
- Develop media contacts and oversee contacts made by each Section.
- Determine the feasibility of developing firm directory brochures or awards brochures.
Members should include one member from each Section.